Specto is one of the popular Kodi addons that may be called the next version of old Genesis Plugin, which was a very popular plugin for Kodi. But unfortunately, the genesis was shut down. After then two new and popular addons came in the world of Kodi. One is Exodus and another is Specto Fork Addon, these both Kodi addons are similar to Genesis, so we called these next Genesis.
In this tutorial, I am going to share how to install Specto addons on Kodi Jarvis as well as Krypton. So let’s learn to install Specto on Kodi.
What is Specto Kodi Fork?
Specto Fork is Kodi addon, which can be downloaded from SMASH repo. Specto is the next version of Genesis Kodi addon. I have already told, there is another similar addon like specto that is Exodus. But there are some differences between these two addons.
Specto Kodi addon Provides Movies and TV shows as media streaming content.
What will you get in Specto Kodi Fork
- You can watch Unlimted Movies
- Latest Movies Collections
- Popular TV shows
- Latest Tv shows Episodes
- Channel List
- You will have tools
- Then search option for search movies and TV shows
…and much more, you will get those things after installation.
How to Install Specto on Kodi Jarvis
For installing Specto addon on Kodi Jarvis, follow these steps
- First of all, you need to Open Kodi.
- Now click on Setting or System.
- Then you need to go to File Manager
- Now you need to add source, Choose Add Source
- Select None, then you will get a pop-up. You need to add source URL. Enter http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff and select Done
- After the source URL, you have to give a name to the Repo, name it kodistuff and click OK
- Now Go back to your Home screen
- Again Select SYSTEM
- Then go to Add-Ons
- Choose Install from Zip File
- From the option choose kodistuff
- Then, Select -Smashrepo.zip
- Wait for few moments, the addon will installed successfully. You will get the Add-on enabled notification
- Once you got notification, then Select Install from Repository
- You will have list of Repo, Choose SMASH repository
- Now choose Video Add-ons
- From the addon list, select Specto – …Fork
- Now click on Install
- Wait for few seconds, addon will download and install automatically, then you will get Add-on enabled notification
We have successfully installed Specto on Kodi Jarvis. Now we can use this addon.
How to Install Specto on Kodi Krypton
Now we will learn how to download and install Specto Fork addon on Kodi Krypton. Follow step by step procedure to install Specto Fork. Assuming you have opened Kodi.
1.. Click on System icon, which is in left top corner.
2.. Now you have to click on File Manager.
3.. Then click on Add source.
4.. Then click to <none>.
5.. Now add source URL. Enter http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff, Then click on Ok.
6.. Now name the source, Name it kodistuff
7.. Now go back to the home screen, and then click on Add-ons.
8.. Now click on Package installer icon.
9.. Choose Install from Zip File.
10.. From the list choose kodistuff.
11.. Then click on –SmashRepo.zip.
12.. In few moments, Smash Repository will installed and updated.
13.. Now click on Install from Repository.
14.. Now choose -SMASH Repo
15.. Choose Video add-ons.
16.. From the addon list, click on Specto-…Fork
17.. Now click on Install.
18. In few moments, Specto Addon will be installed and you will get a notification. On the same window click on Open to run addon.
Now we have done with Specto Kodi addon installation.
In this tutorial, we have learned to install Specto Kodi addon. We have also learned that Specto and Exodus are similar type addon and it was developed after popular Genesis plugin shutdown. If you are facing any issue while installation comment below, we will try to solve these.